Monday, February 6, 2017

Mims is turning 100- Incoming/Outgoing

Hello friends,
Another request and this one is a special one.
from a friend asking for a card shower for this lady's 100th birthday.
I have done a print screen of the original post taken from Facebook and also saw it posted on a Month of letters

Friends both on FB & Public,
Requesting a CARD SHOWER for my Dear Friend Mims
who is turning 100 on Feb. 24th 2017.
We are hoping she receives at least 100 cards, notes,
letters or postcards. 
She loves hummingbirds.
Mims is amazing, witty, interesting & sharp as a tack.
Loves snail mail. Please send if you can to mark her special
day & help make it even more special. You can start sending right away.
I have already sent some. Pls put Joan along with your return address
so she doesn’t get spooked receiving mail from ones she doesn’t
know. And if your looking for a pen pal Mims is the one 🙂
Thanking you in advance, God Bless, Love & FB Hugs, Joan 🙂 <3

MIMS REAVES
2310 Ninth Ave #128
Longmont, CO. 80503

Here is my card to her. I think I am also going to ask her if she wants a penpal :)

2.6.2017
Outgoing mail: 8
Incoming 3
Thankyou to my penpal Debra, Natalie and Ruth.

I've rejoined the Art Cover Exchange again. It promotes art, philately, friendship and correspondence with its members. The special emphasis of the group is the artistic presentation of postal covers for exchange.


My incoming mail : A great mail day



Natalie sent me the lovely postcard by 
Charles Rennie Mackintosh 
(Scottish , 1868-1928). 
She knows my love of art.
Bouquet, C 1918-1920
Watercolor, 31x 29 cm (sight)
Glasgow school of art

Charles Rennie Mackintosh was a scottish architect, designer, water colorist and artist. His artistic approach has much in common with European Symbolism.

No comments:

Post a Comment